All decorative concrete, especially a surface exposed to hard use and the elements like a garage floor deserves a protective concrete finish. While some installations wear better than others, no concrete used in the Madison area will last forever.
What does your concrete need to be protected from? An exposed patio, walk or driveway is open to all the elements. Even a covered patio or porch wears with traffic and daily use. The floor in your garage is subjected to even more threat from road chemicals and all the other perils found in a garage – spills, dropped tools, etc.
Simple concrete sealers offer a minimum level of protection, but ask:
- How long does protection last?
- What does it really resist?
- Will it hold its color, fade or yellow?
- Will it crack or peal?
Even under normal conditions the concrete finish will need to be repaired or replaced eventually.
Keeping a Garage Floor Looking New
There was a time when a jackhammer and more concrete was the only way to renew a cement floor’s surface. Today, there are resurfacing agents to use when the concrete finish shows its age. To prolong the rejuvenation process a variety of modern epoxy coatings are available to protect concrete surfaces like floors, patios, walkways, driveways and pool surrounds. They not only protect the concrete surface, they transform it from boring gray to a surface that’s both attractive and functional.
Epoxy coatings are available for residential and commercial installation to protect concrete flooring while making a design statement. The coatings add color, texture and value.
More Than Paint
An epoxy coating on your patio, walkway or the floor in your garage is far more than just paint. Some paints designated for concrete floors do have a small percentage of epoxy in the mix but they are not true epoxy coatings.
True epoxy is a heat-set resin applied as a coating – combining the resin with a hardener that creates a chemical reaction that provides extra durability and strength. Paint dries. Epoxy cures.
What makes an epoxy coating worth the time and effort for your concrete surfaces? Besides looking great and hardening to a rugged, resilient surface benefits include:
- Resistant to impacts from dropped tools – no cracks or chips or pealing
- Resists chemicals – won’t stain from oil, antifreeze or gasoline
- Protects concrete surfaces from abrasive and corrosive elements – road salt, etc.
- Reduces dust generate by traffic on bare concrete surfaces
- Moisture resistant so easy to clean – mild soap and water does the job in most cases
- Can be colored for a bright, professional look – for patios and floors it can become an element of design and décor
- Resistant to bacteria, molds and mildew
- Installed by a trained professional, epoxy finishes last longer than most other options
- Provide variety – make a statement with Badger Red (or logo) on your patio, floor, driveway or near your pool
- Better visibility – often overlooked, an advantage of an epoxy surface on indoor or outdoor floors, pool surrounds or patios is that it reflects light for better visibility and safety
Textured Concrete Surfaces – A Unique Touch
For a truly unique concrete finish, epoxy coatings can be applied with texture built in. The application process allows the floor coating system to add color, textures and patterns. Ideal for areas with light or medium traffic – like residential driveways, the floor in the garage, patios and around pools – textures make a real statement. Texture options include:
- Simulated stone and slate
- Realistic patterns
- Decorative finishes
Work With Trained Professionals
Garage Flooring Solutions is a professional epoxy coating company serving Madison and the surrounding area with the broadest selection of coatings for all concrete surfaces.
To put the years of experience and skilled Garage Flooring Solutions team to work on your concrete finish project, call 608-630-8855 or email today and select the best epoxy coating for your garage floor in